I have quite a few different scripts and workflows that I’ve built or hacked together from other people’s workflows. This is my best effort to track them all in one spot.
- BibleDraft (Drafts & Pythonista) This workflow uses Drafts and Pythonista to replace using a Bible app on iOS.
- Launch Evernote Notes Directly on iOS (Drafts 4 & Launch Center Pro or Workflow). This is my adaptation of Jeffrey Kirshner’s
- Search Google & GitHub (Pythonista)
- Create New Script from Webpage (Pythonista). I got sick of copying raw text found on the web that’s actually a Python file and then pasting them into Pythonista. This script will get a link from the clipboard and create a new script in Pythonista. I created when I was trying to get Viticci’s adaptation of Seth Brown’s
formdscript. My script has no error handling and will just try to get whatever’s on the clipboard. I could add a bunch of features to it, like one to make sure there’s a URL on the clipboard, but I think that’d be a waste of time. It’s a really basic script, so user beware!
My Editorial Workflows
Editorial Workflows for Bible Study
- Bible Popover – Editorial Workflow. Learn more about this workflow at it’s project page.
- Bible Verse as Block Quote – Editorial Workflow. This workflow gets the selected, or nearest, text and if there’s a Bible verse there, returns the verse as a blockquote.
- Bible Verse as Footnote – This workflow has been somewhat abandoned in favor of the Block Quote workflow above. This is primarily because I store all my sermon notes in Evernote and Evernote doesn’t support footnotes.
General Editorial Workflows
- Visual Find and Replace. This workflow is exactly what it sounds like. Using the UI workflow in Editorial, it allows you to enter text or regex to find and replace. If text is selected, it will default to that. If not, it will run on the entire document. You can also preview the changes in a separate panel before applying them. This preview function was stolen from Ole Zorn’s
Diff with Clipboardworkflow that comes with Editorial.
My Favorite Editorial Workflows by Others
- Federico Viticci’s Post to WordPress – this was the first workflow I really had a use for and it started me on my love for Editorial
- JackenHack’s Upload Image to WordPress
- Smart Move. This is a great workflow for when you find that you’ve accidentally created files in the
Localarea of Editorial instead of the
Dropboxfolder. It will move files from Local to Dropbox and vise-versa.